WordPress 5.3 expands and refines the block editor introduced in WordPress 5.0 with a new block, more intuitive interactions and improved accessibility. New features in the editor increase design freedoms and provide additional layout options and style variations to give designers complete control over the look of a site.
Block Editor Improvements
This enhancement focused update introduces over 150 new features and usability improvements, including improved large image support for uploading non-optimized, high-resolution pictures taken from your smartphone or other high-quality cameras. Combined with larger default image sizes, pictures always look their best.
Expanded Design Flexibility
WordPress 5.3.2 adds even more robust tools for creating amazing designs.
- The new Group block lets you easily divide your page into colourful sections
- The Columns block now supports fixed column widths
- The new Predefined layouts make it a cinch to arrange content into advanced designs
- Heading blocks now offer controls for text colour
- Additional style options allow you to set your preferred style for any block that supports this feature