We are looking for a passionate Junior WordPress Developer to join our team on a part-time contract basis!
As a Junior WordPress Developer working with O’Brien Media Limited on a contract basis reporting to the Creative Director, you will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development, including creating and modifying WordPress themes and plugins for our diverse range of clients.
We are expecting you to have a strong understanding of the latest industry trends and content management systems.
This is a remote working role, with a number of hours to be decided but initially on an as-needed basis of up to 10 hours a week on a contracting basis.
Duties and responsibilities
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality for our clients
- Establishing and guiding client choices when it comes to their website architecture
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working themes and plugins
- Ability to work as part of a UK based distributed team – centered in Swindon, Wiltshire
- Communicating with clients at all stages of the project lifecycle, from initial contact and requirements gathering to development of a completed solution.
Requirements and qualifications
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites using WordPress
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers