COVID-19 (Coronavirus) General Advice for Small Businesses
Welcome to our COVID-19 (Coronavirus) general information page. We have created this page as a sort of hub for information we’ve found on various websites that we found useful. So we thought we’d share it with you, just in case it comes in handy. We’ll be updating this page at least twice a day for the moment so check back frequently and do feel free to contribute in the comments.
UK Government and NHS Resources
- How to keep your employees safe
- How to clean workplaces safely
- Check what you need to do about Statutory Sick Pay
- Find out what to do for different businesses and organisations
- UK businesses trading internationally
- What the government is doing to support businesses
The UK Government’s Chief Medical Advisor advised that even people with ‘minor signs’ of respiratory tract infections will be told to self-isolate. The advice extends to family members who share the same home with the person exhibiting symptoms.
Public Health England (PHE) recommends that the following general cold and flu precautions are taken to help prevent people from catching and spreading COVID-19:
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze. See Catch it, Bin it, Kill it
- put used tissues in the bin straight away
- wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available. See handwashing guidance
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
If you are worried about symptoms, please call NHS 111. Do not go directly to your GP, Pharmacy, or other healthcare environment.