What motivates people to share on social media? What are your strategies for attracting attention to your brand? According to psychology, it is not that difficult.
What Are the Benefits of Social Sharing?
There’s Only One Thing That Matters: Relationships
Psychology’s Top 5 Reasons Why People Share
- 49% of respondents say sharing allows them to inform others about products they care about and, potentially, change opinions or encourage action.
- Shared to give people a better sense of who they are and what matters to them: 68%
- We share information online to grow and nurture our relationships: 78% share information online to stay in touch with people they might not otherwise stay in touch with
- Sixty-nine percent share information to feel more involved in the world as a result of it
- Spreading awareness of causes or brands: 84% share because it is a way to support causes or issues they care about
Sharing Personas on Social Media
There are also different types of sharers according to the New York Times study. Their personalities and reasons for sharing are broken down into these six categories.