We live in a world of content, masses, and masses of content. Every day, people are writing blog posts, creating and posting infographics, sharing case studies and customer testimonials, and launching businesses. WordPress website development is at an all-time high.
One of the most popular ways to get your content (whatever it may be) in front of an audience is to create a website. It can serve as a place to host your CV, your art or portfolio, blog posts, an online store, you name it, a website can be developed for it. Website building is the easiest way to display any of these things and WordPress is just about the easiest tool you can use to do it.
What is WordPress?
WordPress is a free open-source CMS (content management system) that anyone can use to create a blog or website. WordPress is easily modified and allows businesses or individuals who may not be well-versed in web development to manage their own website.
Down to the facts
- WordPress powers over 34% of all the websites on the internet in 2019, with a 4% rise from 2018. (Kinsta)
- WordPress has 76.4% of the total CMS market share. (WPBeginner)
- WordPress has been downloaded 60,982,535 times. (WordPress)
- WordPress is getting downloaded roughly 1 million times every two days. (Codeinwp)
- Over 409 million people view upwards of 20 billion WordPress pages each month. (WordPress)
- WordPress is the fastest growing CMS. More than 500 of sites built each day are WordPress-run. (Kinsta)
- There are approximately 76.5 million WordPress blogs. (DMR)
- WordPress powers 14.7% of the world’s top sites. (Kinsta)
- WordPress gets more monthly unique visitors than Amazon and Facebook. (Codeinwp)
- 2,645 of the top 10K websites on the web use WordPress. (BuiltWith)