Customers whose domain name provider isn’t able to action a transfer, or has ceased trading, can do this directly if their domain name ends in .UK by following the advice from Nominet, below:
- You will need to do this directly through the Nominet Online Services at https://www.nominet.uk/go/login.
- Once logged in you need to follow the registrar change process which is outlined here. https://help.theukdomain.uk/switch.
- This link will take you to a video tutorial and an illustrated step-by-step guide on how to complete the process.
- Please note, that there is a fee of £10 +VAT to make this change directly with Nominet (paid to Nominet, not O’Brien Media).
- You will need to request the domain name tag be changed to “TOTALREG” and notify us when it is completed so that we can take on control of your domain name for you.
This information is relevant to Domaincheck customers wishing to transfer to O’Brien Media.