Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) is the IP address setting used to reboot a phone when the phone requests a download of its configuration file and firmware.
To change the TFTP address on the Cisco model 7937 phones, use the following instructions:
- Press the Globe Button to the left of the keypad.
- Press 2 for Settings, and then 2 for Network Configuration.
- If the padlock in the upper right corner of the screen is locked, press * * # to unlock.
- Scroll to option 15. If it is set to No, press the “Select” soft key.
- Using the up and down arrows, choose “Enable” and then press the “Select” soft key.
- Scroll to option 13 and press the “Select” soft key.
- Use the back arrow soft key (<<)
- Use the keypad to type the “TFTP” address to equal the value of your desired cluster.
- Make sure to type the periods “.” that separate the numeric TFTP values.
- Press “Validate” and then”Save“.
Your phone will now reboot with the TFTP address you have entered.